Welcome to the first day of February. One day closer to spring! Finally! I’ve had enough of the darkness, the wind and the rain. Looking forward to spring flowers, warmer temperatures and not having to utilize that short window of time during the day when it’s bright enough to take photos by natural light.
Before moving on I’m going to take a small moment to reflect on what I got up to this month.
I kicked off the year which a couple of 80th birthday cake orders. I was so pleased with the way the first one turned out I went with a variation of a theme on the second.
My first post of the year was a guest post over at The Worktop, which is now my favourite breakfast blog by far. So much brunch inspiration from Tina! Follow our new Pintrest board for a treasure trove of brunch goodness.
My second batch of orders were slightly trickier with lots of fondant modelling involved. There was a car themed Stig cake, the Mickey cake you saw last week and a cake topper based on four of the Avengers.
I got a little creative with Valentines Day macarons, available to order if you’re interested!
Finally made major progress on my patchwork quilt, which has only been in the works for about two years! The only thing left is binding the edges and I’m all done.
Plans for February –
- Lot’s of cake orders to get busy with.
- Attend the first of the friend 30th birthday parties! We’re so old!!
- There’s another macaron recipe waiting in the wings, I’m also hoping to post at least one healthy recipe this month and there are some (less healthy) cookies just out of the oven with will be posted this week.
- The first guest post on Ever So Sweet will be coming up in the next fortnight or so, exciting!
- The next Inverness Let’s Bake bakig club meeting is on the 12th February. Can’t wait to meet up with everyone to share out ‘free from’ bakes.